Yoga Therapy, derived from the Yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health, refers to the adaptation and application of Yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing health challenges at any level manage their condition.
The general long-term goals of Yoga Therapy include:
- reducing the symptoms of suffering that can be reduced
- managing the symptoms that cannot be reduced
- rooting out causes wherever possible
- improving life function, and
- shifting attitude and perspective in relationship to life's challenges.
When working with a Yoga Therapist at Stillpoint Wellness you will be guided through the process of listening to how your body feels and allowing yourself to create responses that help to meet your goals. Yoga Therapy allows for individualized attention and unlike a traditional Yoga Class you work directly with a therapist to help you reach overall wellness goals.